How do I know if my development will require a Class 1 or Class 2 Environment Impact Assessment?

Large projects which are listed in Schedule 1 of the Environment Protection (Impact Assessment) Regulation 1996 require a Class 1 impact Assessment. An EIA consultant will be appointed by the developer to undertake the assessment. Class 1 category constructions include hotels, schools, hospitals and other large constructions. For Class 2, such as a house or other minor constructions, is EIA are conducted via a form that is filled with questions concerning the development and the area it is built in.