Provision of Services – Experienced Local Contractor
GOS-UNDP-GEF PROGRAMME COORDINATION UNIT
PROVISION OF SERVICES
The GOS-UNDP-GEF Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) within the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change is implementing an Adaptation Fund project entitled “Ecosystem Based Adaptation to Climate Change in Seychelles” (EBA project). The PCU is currently seeking experienced local contractor to carry out the following assignment:
CONSTRUCTION OF VEGETATED GABION WEIRAT BAIE LAZARE WETLAND 3 AND DEVELOPMENT OF ON-SITE TRAINING COURSE TO SUPPORT NATIONAL CAPACITY FOR GABION BUILDING
Work is expected to commence in June 2020 and be completed by August 2020.
Terms of Reference is available in electronic or paper form from the address below. A full description of duties is provided in the Terms of Reference and specifications. These must be consulted before making an application.
General Qualifications/Experience and Skills Required
Trained in building gabion walls or at least 2 years’ experience in this field
- A strong knowledge of all the gabion mounting steps and knowledge and at least 2 years’ experience in wetland enhancement with gabion filtering weirs.
- Expertise in the design and work on dry stone walls.
- Excellent facilitation, training and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to teach practical work.
- Fluency in Kreol required.
- A good track record of environmental work in the Seychelles
- Demonstrated examples of similar work done.
- Knowledge or past experience working on UNDP-GEF and/or AF projects is an advantage.
Compulsory site visit:
- Participation in the site visit is compulsory prior to submitting a work proposal, so as to gain a proper appreciation of the work involved before submitting a bid.
- Visit will be undertaken on the 28th May, 11.00am. Meeting point at the Val d’Endor bus stop. Please contact 2726708 for more information.
Applications MUST include:(a) Cover letter with summary of experience, (b) simple work plan or time line,(c) a financial proposal and (d) your Tax Identification number (TIN) from the Seychelles Revenue Commission.
NOTE: Applications from women are encouraged
Proposals should be sent to:
GOS-UNDP-GEF Programme Coordination Unit
Le Chantier, Francis Rachel Street, P.O. Box 310, Victoria, Seychelles
Telephone: 4225914 / Fax: 4226064 / E-mail: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5th June 2020 (Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted).